Wañt to break into this but how

7 Replies

I from the Chicago and area, and am curious how I start wholesaling! I'm confused about the price to offer the owner for their contract! How do i even find the sellers without acess to MLS? Should I have a business name first? And should I have investor/buyers already lined up? Thanks!

Originally posted by @Cortney Daniels :

I from the Chicago and area, and am curious how I start wholesaling! I'm confused about the price to offer the owner for their contract! How do i even find the sellers without acess to MLS? Should I have a business name first? And should I have investor/buyers already lined up? Thanks!

Earlier this week I was curious about wholesaling too. I've heard the term for years, but really never knew exactly what it was (and I've been in CRE for a very long time).

Reviewing the biggerpockets webinars/podcasts I ran across one that completely explains what it is, how it works, and more importantly for you how to get started. Check out this webinar on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlLp5LpJ1h0

Wholesaling isn't for me, but there's a lot of information you will find useful if its how you want to get started in real estate.

@Cortney Daniels

Read , study & participate in the discussion at BP to polish up your understanding (keep active).

@Courtney Daniels I am also new in the Chicago area and what I can advise is to network as much as you can learn and start looking for opportunities, you will soon realize the question shifts from "How do I find an opportunity" to "Which opportunity to try first?". Good luck.

Why did you choose to do wholesaling?  It seems that most people start that way.  I'm just curious.

I know there's a book called The Wholesaling Bible.

Check out these podcasts on wholesaling: Science of Flipping with Justin Colby, Flip2Freedom with Sean Terry.  There's a few others too

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.