Today, I Googled myself and saw that one of the highest ranking results was this post from last year - my first one ever on BiggerPockets:
Reading it, it's kind of funny about how naive some of my goals seemed - I wanted to purchase 3 properties by the end of the year, yet I had less than $10,000 in savings and was making under $50,000 per year, working a full-time job 9-5. On the other hand, it's amazing how close I came to hitting most of them. I'm glad I shot for the moon, because things went pretty well overall!
While I didn't reach all my then stated goals, I did successfully do the following things:
1) I quit the 9-5 that was holding me back from my REI goals, and joined a startup that lets me study real estate investing all day, every day ;).
2) I purchased a small duplex for $240,000
3) I've lived for free for the past several months by renting out available space in my duplex - "house hacking"
4) By continuing to live frugally, I've accumulated savings at double the rate of 2014, and am now ready to purchase another property - I'm just patiently waiting for one that meets my criteria to come on the market.
5) I've continued to meet investors, agents, wholesalers and many many other interested parties through BiggerPockets and various meetups, and have done my best to give back to the community through articles, forum posts, and my day to day work on BiggerPockets.
Anyone else want to share their first post and measure their progress towards their goals?
Great job Scott! Thank you for sharing!
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing