Deal 4 and 5 closed!

8 Replies

Hey all I haven't posted in a few week but I wanted to let you know how were doing. In the last ten day's my wife and I have closed 2 wholesale deals. This brings our total upto 5 since our first one closed early April! 

The money has been nice (even though we don't spend it) but the 2 best things that have come from this is. I get to run a business with my wife, while it's hard at times it overall has been awesome. And I have met some amazing people and that is worth more to me than any check.

My wife and I did hit our goal of having 1.5 years worth of her income saved up so she will be quiting her job next week to go into full time marketing/building! 

Thanks for all the great support along the way!

Awesome. Keep up the good work guys.

Congrats. Sounds like you both are well on your way. I look forward to hearing more of your success stories!

@Elliot Smith - Congratulations to you and your wife with the recent closures.

Now, with your wife quitting her W-2 soon, there will be laser focus on other acquisitions.

Keep the BP community posted with your REI actions and successes.

great to hear. I recently closed on deal 4 with my brother and looking to do this full time asap. when would you suggest going full time?

Wonderful!!! Keep going!!! #TeamPassiveIncome

Originally posted by @Aron Cohen :

great to hear. I recently closed on deal 4 with my brother and looking to do this full time asap. when would you suggest going full time?

We looked at it more as a financial deal. We have 1.5 years of her income saved up. Plus each rental property has its own savings, and a separate savings that is for the tax man. 

Also we already live off of only my income so we looked at this as the opportunity cost was huge compared to what she was making. 

Also our only debt is 3 houses, we don't have cable, we own our cars, and we save alot.

Originally posted by @Elliot Smith:
Also our only debt is 3 houses, we don't have cable, we own our cars, and we save alot.

Aaahhhh, deferred gratification.  I haven't heard this in such a long time.  Kudos to you!

Awesome! Doing business with wife is good and has its own side, but what truly amazed me was the target of savin 1.5yrs income.... true discipline and you will need a lot of this in REI as am learning now..

Congratulations!!!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.