Here's something that I don't get

1 Reply

They say you need to do research before investing in real estate etc but

1. How can people sell there own house or something and just make profit without experience?

2. Why learn all of this when isn't it as simple as just buying a house for a agent and sell it for more or doing it up and selling or just renting it out?

3. If revision is really nessarcery then how much should I learn and what about? How do I know when I have learnt enough? I research and think I know this now but how do you know when the time is right? 

Not everyone that buys a house and then sells it makes money. Some lose money. It is not that simple. If you want to make money, you must learn your market, know your values, have a purchase and exit strategy, and put those into action. As far as learning, no matter how long anyone is in this profession (or many others) there is always something new to be learned. BP is an excellent source of learning. So are RE licensing schools (even if you don't want to work as an agent). There are many facets of RE investing and a 1000 ways of doing the same thing. If you were to get licensed in the State of Florida, once you pass your exam the state says you are "minimally competent to practice real estate". I have experience buying and selling, doing listings, open houses, writing contracts, doing hard money lending, and more. I still come to BP everyday, and learn something new everyday. Good luck.

No company avatar mediumJohn Thedford, John Thedford | 239‑200‑5600 | http://www.capehomebuyers.com

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you