#20 rental was purchased today

58 Replies

Originally posted by @George P. :

i recommend whatever gets  you more properties. i still feel i know little about this business, i just make it fit my "mold" as i go. no set rules. probably not the best way, but this is what i know.

i have no problem if you hijack the thread. others are welcome to share their way too. i can learn something

I think the first part of this quote is very well said

Congrats @George P. ! I agree with @Adam Anderson , that LOC is a game changer. How did you find the bank that gave it to you? I would love to find something like this in my area, yet after approaching dozens of banks and credit unions over the years I still haven't found it.

Originally posted by @Rumen Mladenov :

Congrats @George P.! I agree with @Adam Anderson , that LOC is a game changer. How did you find the bank that gave it to you? I would love to find something like this in my area, yet after approaching dozens of banks and credit unions over the years I still haven't found it.

hi rumen, long time no talk!

dozens isn't enough. i called 53 or 55 banks one afternoon. two in my area do it. i have referred them to a few BP investors and they have been happy as well.

btw, in the OP i said the rent will be around 1,050 (hoping). the way it's updated, we listed it for $1,075 and our phones/email has been off the hook. 

it's not the greatest area (C), but as long as the income requirements are satisfied, we are happy.

in addition, i have a thread somewhere with #22, so this thread (#20) is old. i just brought it up to give an update and post some pics.

Hey @George P. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like prices paid and potential rents are pretty similar between Louisville Ky and Livonia Michigan. I'm at 7 units now and looking to pick up a couple more in the next few months if I can find the right deals. How long did it take you to get to 20? 

Originally posted by @Dan Close :

Hey @George P. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like prices paid and potential rents are pretty similar between Louisville Ky and Livonia Michigan. I'm at 7 units now and looking to pick up a couple more in the next few months if I can find the right deals. How long did it take you to get to 20? 

hey dan, this thread is from about a year ago. it took about 5 yrs to get to 20. i am actually up to 34 at the moment. here's the latest thread - https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/223/topics/38...

buy while you can. buy and hold is the way to go.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you