Rental Property #16 in Kansas City (Belton)

2 Replies

#16 is a Duplex, the second Duplex in the Collection, along with #5.  This duplex is located in Belton, MO on a quiet street with mix of duplexes and SFRs.

My price was $79,000 and the units will rent for $750 each with rehab or $650 as-is.  The mechanicals and roof are solid but does need cosmetic update which will run about $5k per side.  Taxes $1100 annual.  The units are large two 'regulation' bedrooms with a third bedroom downstairs with window not large enough to quality for egress.  Two living areas and 1.5 baths with large master bedroom including walk-in closet.  My other smaller duplex in Grandview is one of my best performing properties and I am inclined to by more multifamily now.

Other Updates:  Rehab on #14 and #15 nearing completion they will both be rent-ready in another week or so.  Those were cash buys and I'll start the loan paperwork soon to cash-out, hope to recover 90+% of the cash.  

#4 with my inherited tenant turned out to be a bad deal for me, had to file for eviction, got a judgement on friday for possession.  My attorney found that this person has been sued for UD no less than four other times in Jackson county.  

Since I am buying in Missouri, I also decided to set up a set of Missouri LLCs so I can hold a few properties in each LLC, with my Kansas LLC as the owner of all the LLCs.

I have #17 under option contract with a wholesaler, in one of my favorite neighborhoods off Red Bridge Road.

Sounds good.  I mentioned this many times before in other posts, but would be amazing to see such high cash flow deals in the Seattle area.

@cliff 

@Cliff Harrison sounds like I missed out on the updates of 1 - 15. Going to have to go check those out too. Congrats!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here