Tax liens and deeds

5 Replies

I have a business college degree which had an emphasis of Real estate.  I got into construction management instead.  I had a stroke about 41/2  years ago and I need something I can. Be flexible with.  So I got into learning of Real Estate tax liens and deeds. I have done a lot of studying, but can do some more.  I found you on the Internet.

Welcome to Bigger Pockets.  Best of luck in your new career.   Ensure that you know how to research any properties you invest in.   They call that "Due Diligence."   Check into your local county tax assessor and where they record deeds.   Also look into the GIS system to understand your parcel location, size, etc.  You should also try and attend  your first tax sale auction just to see how it flows.    Don't get caught up in auction fever, just watch the others and take notes.   Again, best of luck.

Joe

Originally posted by @Joe Mclain :

Welcome to Bigger Pockets.  Best of luck in your new career.   Ensure that you know how to research any properties you invest in.   They call that "Due Diligence."   Check into your local county tax assessor and where they record deeds.   Also look into the GIS system to understand your parcel location, size, etc.  You should also try and attend  your first tax sale auction just to see how it flows.    Don't get caught up in auction fever, just watch the others and take notes.   Again, best of luck.

Joe

Thank You Joe!

Originally posted by @Mark Nolan :

@Michael Lee

Many IRA and solo 401k account holders invest their retirement funds directly in tax liens so it is also a good way to diversify your retirement funds.

Thanks!

Hello!  I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to you and thank you for what you said but I just found out about this option.  Let me know if you need help with construction or real estate.  Best wishes!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.