Management: $125

Repairs: $60

Vacancy Allowance: $125

Insurance: $100

Taxes: $250

Realtor's Listing Fee: $125

Monthly Profit: $315

Expected ROI: 11.5% + Principal Paydown

What do y'all think of my expected ROI? Are my estimates for costs appropriate? I do not have a management company, but include that just in case I chose to go that route. I include 1 months vacancy/year to allow for the unexpected. I am trying to keep my figures conservative.

Congratulations on your first rental! That is a big first step. It is good to see you are here on BP so early in your REI career, I sure wish I had discovered this community earlier myself.

Run the BP Rental Property Calculator available under the "Analyze" tab above, your will find the reports are very useful. Save it and place it in your property folder. I like to go back after a year and look at my analysis of a property. This will help you seeing where you are right on the money and where you need to make adjustments in your future deals. The more deals you analyse the better you will become at spotting a winner right out of the gate!

At first glance it looks like you have solid numbers for a hold rental as long as you have no surprise Capex's. Good luck to you!

Originally posted by @Curtis Yoder :

Run the BP Rental Property Calculator available under the "Analyze" tab above, your will find the reports are very useful. Save it and place it in your property folder. I like to go back after a year and look at my analysis of a property. 

Great idea, Curtis! I have never seen this analysis calculator before, so I am glad you pointed it out! Of course it gave me a better ROI than I estimated (18%), but I am glad that I am in the same ballpark! I am excited to look at this report in a year! Thanks so much!

Looks like a great deal! Nice find. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you