My First BRRRR Property Successfully Completed!

84 Replies

Promotion
Sharestates
America's Private Lender
Receive Fix and Flip Funding Approval In As Little As 24 Hours!
Sharestates helps developers and brokers secure funding quickly with the most competitive terms.
Get Funded

Great story! Thanks for sharing. So many levels of great information. Starting with patience, focus on your destination (and you arrived), and importance of TEAM members (in this instance the attorney and recording your contract).

Thank you again for sharing.

Success is found in each step of the race...not just in crossing the finish line.

@Stephen Hundley Great job! Brandon Turner would be proud of your BRRRR strategy. Can you post details of the finance once that's complete?

Also, what kind of flooring did you install?  Cost to purchase the flooring?

Great story !  I have one question though, I see that you are in Louisiana, paying less than half of the value are you not worried about "Lession Beyond Moiety" or is there a way around this because of the tax default?

Great advice, I'll definitely record purchase agreements with private sellers from now on! I think a lot of banks put in their purchase agreement specifically that you aren't allowed to do that though.

@Stephen Hundley thank you for sharing your experience. Please excuse my question as I'm pretty new here but since the sellers were delinquent on their property taxes are you responsible for it?

@Stephen Hundley Aside from the some small bumps in the road in the beginning, it sounds like you hit a homerun on this one. Congrats! Also, how did you structure your relationship with your lawyer? Do you have him on retainer or maybe case by case?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you