No Success Stories For NYC within The 5 Boroughs

7 Replies

Hey Bpers,

I noticed that there are a lot of wholesaling and direct mail success stories but i have yet to hear someone having success in NYC within 5 boroughs. I am fairly new to the wholesaling business and would love to hear some of your stories. 

Feel Free To Share !!!!

I don't wholesale but man it's gotta be tough within the 5 boroughs. That said, there has to be someone out there who's done it. 

@William Bonati Nothing that I've heard of yet, doesn't mean it hasn't happened. There's a BP meetup next week in Manhattan that I'll be attending. Might be a good opportunity to see if anyone has heard of successful wholesalers in the 5 boroughs.

I rarely hear of REI success in NYC, SF, or LA. It's so expensive to invest in those areas, that getting downpayments and cashflowing just doesn't work. You can invest out of state, but locally it's going to be an uphill battle. Most of the people on BP who have built $10k per month in passive income from rentals, are in cheaper areas where they can buy houses for $60k-$120k and cashflow $200 a door per month.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you