The Bible Tells me Don't Brag About Tomorrow

4 Replies

...but Lord willing, good things are coming.

I got my first property under contract on a lease option today!

Got advice not to do a lease option, and did a whole lot of research on the topic before deciding it was the best avenue for this deal. Call me young and naïve, and you'd be 100% right 50% of the time. Lol, really though, I'm meeting with a lawyer on Monday, and the worst that can happen right now is I can back out of the contract (my legal right during first 14 days)...but I'd only use that as a last resort.

The seller was very happy to finally be getting something positive out of their property (cash flow and potential buyers), and I've already found buyers to assign the contract to, should they pass my tenant screening process!

I can't call this success yet until I pull out a profit from it, but things are looking good in the hood!

WRECK EM.

@Brian Gibbons I agree with you, and I admit to being overly optimistic sometimes. I also don't want to stifle every action I take by performing a month of due diligence before making an offer. I felt the risk-reward was in my favor here, especially after stating in the contract that I can cancel the agreement for any reason during the first 14 days (which is also a law.)

I've read the information on

http://www.lonestarlandlaw.com/Lease-Options.html

But elsewhere, I read that some of these things aren't required. Regardless, I included every single thing from that link in my contract, and if the seller doesn't comply, the contract is void.

John directed me to his lawyer, who said he doesn't deal with lease options anymore haha.

I'm meeting with some other people in town, and if they don't have all of the facts necessary, then I've got another guy in Austin who I will call.

@Austin Hughes

Too much RAH RAH and not enough prudent responsible thought.

Buy on sub2, get the deed, give a note, rent it out.

Buy with private lender money - IRA money, sell on a wrap, use a RMLO.

Safer. Better. For the Buyer, the Seller, and You the REI.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you