Votes |
My $52,996.25 wholesale deal complete!

Fitzgerald Hall
  • Wholesaler
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Nov 6 2015, 06:05

Hello all,

I finally have my own success story. 

I guess this year alone has been a bit of a success story but Ill spare you and only discuss my most recent success, a 50k wholesale deal. 

I have been working on this deal for about 3 months (mainly waiting on probate to finish). My attorney, who is awesome, had to find 12 people to sign off on the probate documents. We actually got this sone pretty quickly to my surprise, especially since none of them were receiving any of the proceeds form the sale. 

Probate finally finished and my buyer was already prepared to close. 

We ended up pushing the closing back 1 week because the current owners had not found a new home yet. Eventually I convinced the owners that it would be best to go ahead and close so that taxes wouldn't continue to eat away their profits. 

Once they agreed, I tried to make the process a very smooth transition. I paid for professional packers to help pack the house, I paid for movers to transport the items to storage, and I even paid for 1 month of storage. Oh and not to mention $250 so that their disabled brother could live with a friend for the month until they found a new home. 

I thought this was worth getting the deal done since they had no money and I was ready to get this deal done. 

The day before closing, which is when the movers came to pick up the items of the house, the owner calls me at 6pm, several hours after the movers have left and delivered the stuff to storage, and says the movers didn't get everything so they were in the house trying to pack all of these big items in to a car smh. 

I got really frustrated and decided to get off the phone and call my buyer, who I have a really solid relationship with. She said she would help with whatever I needed and immediately got a contractor out there to turn the gas off and unhook the gas line from the heater (one of the things the owner failed to mention she wanted until the last minute). Th contractor came the next morning on time and got it done quickly. 

Now for the next problem. I decided the best way to handle all of the large items that were left in the house was to call another moving company. I decided to go to the property myself and place tape on all items that would need to be placed on the truck, at this point there was no room for mistakes. 

Luckily for me, the week prior to this happening, I attended a commercial RE networking event and just so happened to meet the owner of a small moving company. I decided to call him at around 8pm. Surprisingly he answered and said he would be able to have a crew out to the house in the morning. This was really a life saver on such short notice. 

Fast forward to the next day (closing day) everything is going as planned, but the rain is slowing traffic down which made the movers a bit late. No worries, still keeping a cool head. They finally arrived and got the items out of the house pretty quickly. This time I made sure that I checked the entire house before the truck was cleared to head to storage. The owner confirmed that everything that was tagged had been taken. 

Sounds like its over right? Nope lol. 

We get to the storage unit and when I opened the unit, it was backed very unprofessionally by the movers from the day before, it was a huge until and the movers did not use the space to its highest capacity. 

The movers quickly let me know that rearranging was not in their job description. I agreed and ask them how much would they charge to rearrange the storage just enough to fit the new items in there. They answered $25/piece for the two of them. I replied "hows $50/piece" they said that will work and immediately got to work. They finished pretty quickly which I was happy about. The only thing I wasn't happy about was the fact that the guy tried to play me by asking for $75 a pice instead of $50. I immediately said no because 50 was more than fair. He agreed and that was the end of that. 

Without boring you with details, we successfully closed on the deal and I got my largest wholesale check to date for $52,996.25.

Loading replies...