• Real Estate Investor/Helicopter Pilot
  • Savannah, GA
Votes |
First Flip in Savannah GA

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Investor/Helicopter Pilot
  • Savannah, GA
Posted Nov 18 2015, 12:59

Good afternoon BP! So it is a little early to call a success story but I couldn't find a better place to post a "my first flip" forum. After a lot of research my business partner and I purchased a house to flip in the downtown Savannah area. It was in pretty rough shape when we got it. After closing on the 4th of November the rehab started. There was some foundation issues that needed to be addressed first. This was a slow process but after about a week of leveling slowly, everything came out nice! No extra cracking in the plaster which was a good surprise for us! The property is a 4/2 2000 SQFT SFH in downtown. The way it is set up is 3/1 downstairs and 1/1 upstairs with a living area and kitchenette. (in-law suite)I am going to upload some outside shots from before and during. Again this is a short time into the rehab so the progress can be detailed. We are looking at a light grey exterior with all white trim. The contractors had to tear out the entire porch to level the foundation. They also took out the two center pillars, rebuilt them and wrapped them with the original casing to keep the southern feel of this cool house. We are keeping the tin roof as well. It will be sanded, resealed and painted for a great look that will last for years to come.

I will be taking more pics as the time goes forward. Hoping to be done in three weeks! Very exciting flip and it was a huge project to take on for my first but I am loving every second of it. 

Front of House 15 Oct (replacing fascia, tear out screened in porch rebuild columns)

East side of house. (Tear out old staircase supports, keep windows, sand/scrape/paint/fascia)

Rear porch (complete rebuild) (also figure out how to rotate photos on BP haha)

Take out rear door and add new siding to match/drywall interior

2 weeks in/Front (rebuilt steps/columns level foundation/fascia complete/primed

2 weeks in, East side sanded/scraped primed/fascia repaired

2 weeks, rear porch taken out/new going up. Door siding going in

That is all I have for now. We are getting electrical and plumbing done in the next week. I will post some pics of the inside this weekend to show what it looks like. I didn't get enough before pics so the leveled foundation and everything will be already completed but the rest still looks pretty much the same. Thanks for looking at the house! We are pretty pumped to keep seeing progress and get it listed on MLS.

Loading replies...