First Rental Rehab used Vinyl plank flooring and black appliances

18 Replies

I recently (3 weeks ago) purchased a duplex in Wilmington NC. I just completed a complete renovation of the vacant side ( MY FIRST RENO). Here is the video of the renovation I just completed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3uIqNNxpZ8

Will rent at $800 in average low income neighborhood. Cash flow on duplex is around $600/mo. Did I over renovate?

GREAT job!!  We just renovated one of our apartments and used the vinyl plank flooring. I'm amazed at how realistic it looks. Should be lots better than carpet in the long run. Waterproof, mold proof, sturdy.   

watch out with vinyl plank, i used it and it scratched for me very easily.... I put it in about 15 units and after the first year 5 looked bad from scratches. All though I am renting to college students. I switched to wood grain looking tile at 2.50 a square foot. It's done awesome so far!

Awesome job! It's contagious isn't it ;)

We have done well, doing "slightly" nicer upgrades on our rentals when we renovate. It helps us stay up with the times by getting ahead as we do quality repairs that last.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you