• Chicago, IL
Votes |
First house hack, 2nd deal

David Dawodu
  • Accountant
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Dec 22 2015, 19:50

Hello BP,

I am very excited to have finally 'house hacked' my first 2 flat plus basement unit in the Lincoln square neighborhood in Chicago last month. This is my second property as I previously bought and have co-owned a 2 unit in San Diego with my brother 2 years ago.

My wife and I live on the on the first floor and inherited the 2nd floor and basement tenants from the previous owner. The rents are a little below market so we plan to raise them next year after the expiration of the current leases and and after making some upgrades. 

Many thanks to the wealth of knowledge that is BP and dedicated members that agreed to meet with me in person to pick their brains.

My brother John and I would like to get into the vacation rental business in San Diego. We are looking for a suitable property at a reasonable price. I'll provide an update when we close on a property. If there are any investors that are in the San Diego area that have experience in this area please contact me.

One of my other goals this year is to partner with like minded investors in Chicago, San Diego and other markets. 

I hope to make more connections and share the little knowledge I have gained along the way. Happy holidays everyone!

Loading replies...