Awesome "Flip" experience!

9 Replies

I will make mine very general. Back in September I purchased a property through an action. The scary part is it was occupied and by law I was prohibited from making any contact with the residents. A month prior to the auction I cased the property often. I don’t like the word case but it is what it is. Either way, me and a great friend from BP made contact the first day I owned it. Through a lot of strategic thinking, critical analysis, negation and a lot of luck, I was able to sell the property to the resident that was there. I tell you, this deal was like the Perfect Storm for me. I acquired it for 155k and sold it last week for 240k. There was a zero rehab expense and not even a dime was made on a repair. I and the new owner are mutually and incredibly satisfied!

What an experience……………

@Rafael Norat -

Yes, it was a cash deal from and online auction. My market in the DC area is saturated. I tried many different angles to get deals and it’s just that so many others are doing the same thing. Going the online auction route cuts out a lot of competition. No one wants to deal with occupied properties and no one will finance you. In addition, by doing cash deals it also eliminates a lot of competition.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you