• Investor
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
Subject To? You Bet!!

Brad Pickett
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Posted Jan 24 2016, 15:53

This month I closed a subject to deal.  I know that a lot of people are hesitant to take over existing loans so I wanted to share this success story.  I will keep it short.  

I purchased the home subject to for 0 money down.  The house was in pretty bad shape but had strong bones so I was up for the challenge, or should I say the risk.  I purchased it for 91k and sold it conventionally 1 month later for 99.5k.  After closing costs and one months mortgage payment I made 7k.  Not bad.  

I originally marketed it as owner carry, and got a lot of interest. I was asking for 10k down, a payment that was 100 more than my PITI, and a 3 year balloon, possibly a 5 year. I planned to do a contract for deed and hold it in a long term escrow (some may call this a wrap). However when I got the cash / conventional offer I decided to take it because of a couple of reasons. One, it was a sure deal, and two I felt an obligation to get the mortgage paid if I had the chance to benefit the seller.

I have 2 other houses in my portfolio that are also subject to and they will both create great returns!

Loading replies...