• Wichita Falls, TX
Votes |
Hitting it hard in your 40s +

Mary lou L.
  • Investor
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Posted Jan 26 2016, 22:10

I am 48 there I said it.

I bought my first property when I was 26, (1995)I have since managed that until now.

Since then I've been married, divorced and raised two children.

Now I am ready to hit it hard.

I have an owner financed deal under contract, and another owner occupied (3bd with studio) on the horizon.

Thanks to Biggerpockets I've been inspired, and motivated to finish what I started in 1995.

My goal is to leave a legacy for my children and grandchildren and to finally live in the home of my dreams.

I set a goal to have 5 properties by the time I am 50.

In the last month I have another with the possibility of 2 in the next two months.

I am beside myself at how everything comes together when we are ready!

I am reaching out to others who are in their 40s+ on how you are accomplishing your goals.

It really is refreshing to see the young ones.. I'm looking at you @Brandon Turner!!  Just going for their dreams and goals!

I started out with the intention in my 20's but got side tracked, it was always on my mind but I wasn't able to really, really focus on my goal until now.

I would like to hear from others who have started "late" not to say that we cant catch up! LOL

This site has been a true inspiration to me and with it I have rediscovered my passion for real estate and the possibility within its realms.

I guess it is the geek in me...others don't really understand, they are 9 to 5ers, and see that as the way.

But for us its different, I feel we can see beyond that, beyond the constraints of what is "expected" or even in our ignorance how the world works.

Especially if that is all we have been exposed to in our life experiences (goodness knows they don't teach "rich dad poor dad" in school!)

I for one applaud everyone who has the guts to throw off the harness of "we've always done it this way" and venture off the beaten path. Towards a future we just know is there for us!

Financial Freedom...on. our. own. terms.

There I said it.

To the rebel in all of us...I salute you!

Loading replies...