• Real Estate Agent
  • Poolesville, MD
Votes |
Second Property Under Contract

Joshua Womack
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Poolesville, MD
Posted Feb 26 2016, 19:47

Wednesday night (Feb 24) where I live had an absolutely horrific thunderstorm / tornado warning. Even with all this my mom and I found a property that we thought could be a good flip. We adventured out into the storm while the radio was telling everyone to get off the roads. We arrived at the property and thought it had endless potential. It was the first day on the market and we knew it was the one. Fast forward to Thursday night we put together an offer for the property, before I submitted the offer the listing agent had warned me that they already had two cash offers on the table. We decided to stick with it. We put together a cash offer with an "as-is inspection" clause. Friday afternoon I got a call from the listing agent asking if there was anyway my client would be willing to remove the clause. We realized that this meant if we removed the clause we would get the property. Friday night we got a call from the listing agent saying that they accepted our offer and we are due to close on March 16th. We have only seen the property once with flashlights (since the property didn't have power) so tomorrow morning we are off to do some visiting of the property, not like we can get out of the contract anyway. Can't wait to close and get our next project going!

Loading replies...