• Vendor
  • Bedford, TX
Votes |
Don't Give Up!

Philip Rodriguez
  • Vendor
  • Bedford, TX
Posted May 23 2016, 12:47

I wanted to take a quick moment to encourage anyone looking to take that step into REI or have already started the process but have not closed a deal yet. Don't you dare give up! I'll say it again, Don't give up! Battle, fight, work, persevere. Do the process, take advantage of the advice here on BP and some of the other resources out there. Get started and keep going!

I have been working the process diligently for four months now.  I got my first wholesale deal closed last week.  I had two other deals fall through for various reasons but I refused to see them as defeat or failure.  See hard times and wrong turns as learning opportunities.  I once heard that "A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up." 

My perseverance goes deeper than that though. I am a disciple of Christ first and foremost and I only wanted to move into this new profession if I got the green light from Him. I believe He speaks to us and I felt like He told me that I should go for it in REI after really pressing in and searching Him out. Just didn't want to do it if it wasn't something I was led by Him to do. He has guided me through His word so that I may draw strength and faith along the way. He has guided me to key connections and deals at just the right time. And best of all, he let me stumble, fall, cry out, and feel the pain of suffering through losses or setbacks. So many teaching, and humbling moments.

The truth is, REI is a grind in the beginning. But the bottom line is don't give up! Step up to the plate, take your swings, take the risks, and watch what happens. For me, I wanted to publicly give glory to God for helping me through getting my first deal, say a big thanks for the inspiration I have received through the BP network, and share a little bit of encouragement to those wanting to get something going in REI. Happy selling out there!

Loading replies...