• Rental Property Investor
  • Gulf Breeze, FL
Votes |
Thank you BP!

Jay Helms
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Gulf Breeze, FL
Posted May 25 2016, 22:02

As a part-time investor I'm reluctant to talk about my REI ambitions, but THANK YOU @Brandon Turner & @Joshua Dorkin for continuing to encourage me (via your podcast and posts) to discuss my REI ambitions with everyone I come in contact with. I recently wrote the blog post What Serving on My HOA Board is Teaching me About REI and today I can add one more item to the list: Opportunity to Find Partners. This afternoon I had a meeting with the owner of the outsourced security firm for our neighborhood (looking to upgrade some surveillance equipment). However, our conversation turned toward REI and I was able to share my recent successes (also thanks to BP) and needs. Turns out, he is looking to earn a better return on his cash as a silent partner and we agreed to start looking at opportunities together. Whether we do a deal or not is to be seen, but if it weren't for you guys I wouldn't have the opportunity. As best I can express it in a blog post...thank you. 

Link to referenced blog post: https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/8160/49944-wha...

Loading replies...