Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Breon Jackson
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Overcoming fears and self-limiting beliefs.

Breon Jackson
  • Tampa, FL
Posted May 25 2016, 22:29

Today i summoned the powers to knock on 6 doors of some leads I had. This may be a little out of place but i'm of the group of people that more times than not, place my own obstacle in my way by negative thinking and not believing in my powers to change the world around me. So for me, it was one of the biggest hurdles i have to overcome in order to become a successful real estate investor.

I had to prep  for  about an hour by listening to a few minutes of my Think and Grow Rich Audiobook and then i listened to the BP podcast on door2door techniques. Then right before i left the house i had to play a couple of Tupac tracks before i stepped out into a new world i was creating.

As i was riding, i was trying to figure out what i was going to say and visualize my steps but as i knocked on the first door no one answer. This ain't so hard, i said to myself, i'll just leave my card, then on to the next one. Not to far down the the road was my next lead. Knock, knock. No one answered. So by now my confidence is going up for some reason but just as i get ready to place the card on the door, some dude opens the door and said something that my mind did not register because i started to think about 15 negative scenario at once but somehow i came back after a few milliseconds, I commenced to stuttering and fumbling a few word, that to him must have been funny but i think i got out of my month what i was trying to convey because he told me no thanks we already sold the house, so i replied, well thanks for your time.

Usually i would beat myself up for me stuttering and fumbling words out, but as i left, i felt good about the ordeal because at least i wasn't the only one.

Loading replies...