• Rental Property Investor
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
Traveling Central & South America for 1 year using real estate

Nathan Allen
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Posted Jul 3 2016, 13:00

Hey guys! I'm writing to you today from some beautiful as well as very chilly mountains located just an hour north of Bogota, Colombia. I am new to the site, but I'm very familiar with the podcasts! I have listened to all of them over the last three years and have really gotten a lot of inspiration as well as a mass of usable information out of each and every show. For this I am eternally grateful to Josh and Brandon for putting together such a great  platform for us to use and grow with. I am wanting to reach out to you today to hopefully inspire as well as motivate you. If you dream big enough, and work hard enough there is nothing that we can't do in this life!!!

I have been traveling by motorcycle through Central and South America for over a year now using only my real estate passive income. This trip has been truly life changing with all of the great experiences as well as life lessons traveling brings. Before I set out on this trip I spoke no Spanish and really didn't even look at a map to do any kind of route planning... But I knew in my heart I would find great friends along the way as well as amazing perspectives to see this life through. Some of my previous backpacking travels include Europe, Eastern Europe, Southeast Asia, the Middle East as well as parts of South America, but this is the first time with a motorcycle! I can say I will never travel again without one :-) The freedom it gives is worth its weight in gold!!!

I am a full-time real estate investor and I have my mail sent to Oklahoma City which is where I call home as well as where I have choosen to invest in the multifamily market of 73106 / 73118 for the last 10 years. I truly feel that the Oklahoma City area is a fantastic place to live as well as invest. It just so happens that I was fortunate enough to move there and find out first hand in 2006! However exactly like this trip south of the border when I got started in real estate I knew absolutely nothing about anything but I knew that I would learn along the way. The only thing I had going for me was the fact that I had read Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. That book forever change my life when I read it at 16 years old. From then on I knew I had to be a real estate investor to get where I wanted to be in this life.  I am not a big fan of mentors or gurus... I feel that experience is the best educator for anything in life but especially in real estate. I do however feel that we don't need to reinvent the wheel, and we are here on this earth to help each other! There is absolutely no reason to pay a mentor thousands of dollars to get started when you could use that same money to buy your first deal and learn a hundred times more than anyone could ever teach you in a weekend seminar. In my experience I have found the harder you work the more luck tends to find you as well as great like-minded people to grow with. With that in mind I am excited to be a part of this community as well as to be doing life with you all!

I am very much looking forward to connecting with you guys as well as to be better able to serve you!!! I by no means know everything about anything but I can share what I have learned in my experiences in multifamily and travel. I'm currently looking into getting into large apartment building and apartment complexes in OKC. My plan is to travel until this time next year and then come home to write the next chapter of this life as I turn 30!!!

Much love! ttyl

Loading replies...