Mailing Lists

3 Replies

Hello BP,

I'm interested to hear which marketing tool has served you best between post cards or yellow letters?

I'm currently viewing the yellow letters website and considering purchasing an order.

Excited to hear feedback!

@Ronald Hunt Yellow letters tend to receive a higher response rate than postcards. But usually the quality of calls are lower than those from postcards.

Personally, I like to use postcards because the seller doesn't have to open anything to read the message. As soon as my piece is in their hand, they see what I have to say.

Originally posted by @Justin Howe :

@Ronald Hunt Yellow letters tend to receive a higher response rate than postcards. But usually the quality of calls are lower than those from postcards.

@Justin Howe is right. Yellow letters get on average about 9% response rate, but they are all types of callers: angry, curious, tire-kickers, quality, etc. While postcards receive around .5% response rate on average but are mostly quality calls. That being said, it is hard to say which one serves best, since they are so different.

I usually recommend both since follow ups are key with direct mail. By sending a different type of mailer every 3-5 weeks, your message is less likely to be thrown out each time since it will not become familiar to the recipient. 

Promotion
Contracoin
Bridging between Crypto and Real Estate
Get ready to buy your next property using Crypto
Using crypto to own property, leverage #CTCN in buying your next home and more
Time to buy property

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you