• Real Estate Investor
  • Darien, IL
Votes |
Direct Mail Effort

Eric Olsen
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Darien, IL
Posted Aug 8 2016, 17:48

Hey everyone!  Just wanted to post that I finally received my first call back from my direct mail efforts.  Target property is in my local area and the county assessors web site shows it is own by a local person as well though the billing address is different.

According to the voicemail left for me they are claiming that they do not own the house that I mailed them about. I will have to follow up on this to see if I can get more information from those who received my letter.

About my strategy with this...Targeting absentee owners for my direct mail. I am currently using colorful blank party invitations.  Its a half folded card stock insert that is white on the inside.  Outside color matches the envelope.  I wanted to stay as far away from anything that resembled business mail.  I figured who doesn't like to get a party invitation. It would almost certainly be opened before hitting the trash.

Content of the insert is simple...

Hello (sellers name),

I was driving in the area and noticed your property at 123 main st in Hometown USA.  I would like to purchase this property from you.  Please call to discuss details.  (phone #)

Thank you, 

Eric Olsen

These were all hand written and were the first series of mailers that included this home.

As I said this was a first for me so I wanted to share my experience and excitement!  Keep kickin' *** out there everyone.  Ill be joining your ranks soon!

E

Loading replies...