• Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Close in my first rental

Ivy A.
  • Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Posted Aug 31 2016, 14:32

After longs months spent on BiggerPockets and listening to tons of podcast. I can proudly announced that I close on my first rental and I'm now a landlord. This journey started in March, there were times when I wanted to give up but every time I would read a blog or listen to a podcast I would get this renew sense of purpose

It took me going to a local REI and meeting a newbie agent to kick off this dream. Both my agent and I learn along the way, we looked at more than 50 properties. I personally analyzed over 100 properties in this time frame. We put in multiply offers and finally found one that met all my criteria. After 2 months back and forth with the seller, I finally closed last Friday (26th).

I've learn lots of lesson along the way. There were couple things I would do different on my next acquisitions. The most important one to me is: have a specific plan, do your research, don't rush into any decision and follow your gut. 

I couldn't have done this without the support of my wife, my family and friends and most importantly the BiggerPocket community.  You guys were there to help me with every questions I had along the way. And for that I say THANK YOU!

This is only the beginning, I have plans and bigger goals  

Loading replies...