• Real Estate Agent
  • Mechanicsburg, PA
Votes |
Just hit 100 votes!

Christian Bors
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Mechanicsburg, PA
Posted Sep 16 2016, 14:06

100 votes may not seem like much, but it was a goal I set out to achieve several weeks ago.  When I first joined BP 2.5 years ago, I wanted to be a frequent poster.  However, at the beginning I didn't really have much to contribute.  Most of my comments were simply a waste of characters on the forums.   I'm sure there are a lot of people who hate reading a forum that's 8 pages long, but 4 of the pages are completely irrelevant.  So much wasted time!  I didn't want to be someone who had a horrendous post to vote ratio, so I stopped posting as much but read so much more.  BP and its members have taught me a great deal over the past couple years and I contribute most of my success to the information found on this site.  Now that I have a decent size portfolio, president of our local rei and work full time in the real estate business, I can contribute so much more value to the site.  Hence I was able to get over 50 votes for my last 80 posts.  With my last 80 posts, I probably have had 5 times more PM and actual conversations with other investors than the other 250+ posts that I have made over the past couple of years!

In essence, if you post more valuable content good things will happen.  I don't want to discourage newbies from posting, however before starting a new forum try the search box.  Chances are your question has been answer 100 times before.