Wholesale Success One Year Later!

5 Replies

It only took a year but I collected my first assignment fee in mid-October. I didn't do it alone though. I met an experienced investor through my local REIA group who made time to answer my questions and keep me honest over the past year. As it turns out they ended up being the buyer and offered to allow me to walk through the rehab with them! The plan now is to use a solid portion of the fee to really get a decent direct mail campaign set up and apply the marketing concepts I learned over the past year. I anticipate the next deal won't be so far away given what I learned spending time on the phone with sellers.

Congrats Stan!! That is probably an amazing feeling to close your first deal. I am still quite new to wholesale myself and it is things like this which keep me going... If you find some time I would be appreciative to chat about your journey thus far, and how you have dealt with obstacles in your path. 

@Stan Sims Thanks Stan, persistence is key I have come to realize. I actually have yet to begin my marketing campaigns; I am still researching the best methods to use for marketing in my particular area. My focus has been on networking currently as I have been building a powerful group of cash investors, knowledgable partners, and wise friends. I will most likely create a website for myself and implement a PPC ad which directs potential sellers to my site. I am a videographer, gfx editor, and a graphic designer also; I have a pretty strong idea for what I want my site to look like an I believe it will attract customers. Also, I am going to create a direct mailing list with very specific criteria to maximize my ROI for the lowest cost. 35-100% equity, tax delinquent for 2 or more years, etc. I am basically going to culminate all of my data I have been processing on the area and create one ultimate direct mailing list. If my budget was more flexible I would create more than just one list, but that is not plausible for me at the moment. I will most likely go with postcard, postcard, letter, then corporate.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here