Duplex almost finished! - Video Update

8 Replies

I am so close to finishing up the last unit on my second duplex.  After this unit, I am promising myself I won't spend so much time doing the actual labor myself.  Sometimes I feel that just getting a regular job and then investing on the side would be smarter than trying to save money by doing all the work myself.  Then again, I wouldn't trade the knowledge I have gained form doing all the hands on labor for anything!  

Check out the video here!  Duplex Update

Love the video blog @Kyle Grimm 2 quick things, 1) what camera are you using, pretty good quality, second have you thought about a steady camera mount? HUGE help in keeping your videos stable and increasing quality.

Just a thought, best of luck!

fairly inexpensive to be honest, I got a tripod on amazon for 20 buck u can get a really good boom microphone for around 100, lighting is the real kicker but you can get some good starter kits for around 50-100$ no expert but if you need some links to products ive bought send me a PM

Great job on your project! Knowledge is everything. I picked up a tidbit. Thanks for the video.

Great video. I'll be looking forward to following your YouTube channel.

I just subscribed to your channel.  Keep the updates coming....

Im looking into costs for building two duplexes on some property I have.  All of them will be 2 bedrooms and 1 batch.  If there is a huge cost saving i might build one 4 plex.  

What size and type of duplexes are you building?  Are you building them to sell or keep? 

Thanks @H D. Leon and @Nick McDonald

@Shawn Scheinoha I will try to upload fairly regularly.  I need to make sure I always have a project going!  My duplex is about 1400sqft total so 700 something a side.  2 bed 1 bath with a full basement half finished.  They are all brick and very well built.  I didn't actually build them I am just renovating them.  I plan to keep them as long as it makes sense!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.