Top 3 Things To Do To Grow Your Business

3 Replies

Hey folks, I'm not on here a lot but wanted to get your thoughts on the 3 top things that YOU do that WORK for you to grow your business(es). 

Here are my 3:

1)  Implementing systems from the start.  I did not do this when I started because I was not thinking long term or large scale.  It was very easy to manage a few hundred leads via excel spread sheets.  Thousands of leads and contacts later I realized that I had to have a better management system.  I am in the process of integrating and it has already had a major impact on business for the better.  

2)  Following up.  I am EXTREMELY diligent at following up with leads.  Every missed call gets a call back, every message returned, and every old lead gets multiple follow ups.  Every time I pass a "We Buy Houses" sign I call the numbers.  It amazes me how many people never call me back even after I have left several messages.  I cant imagine they are very successful or get many deals with that type of customer service.  I have landed several contracts simply because the seller said I followed up and was the most attentive.  

3)  Providing a solution for every customer even if I do not get paid.  I have become very good at pivoting every lead I get so as not to waste any marketing efforts.  In that however I have also really worked to bring the customer value even if it that means passing the lead on and passing on a paycheck.  

For example, when I am doing my cold calls I am first and foremost looking for wholesale deals.  However if the property does not fit the wholesale criteria I can flip it myself, keep it as a rental, help them fix the property and lend on the deal, find a buyer and secure their loan, etc.  This means that my out options with each lead are many.  Even still, there are times when the property is market ready and none of the options I can provide are in their best interest.  In these situations I tell them that their best option is to list the property on the open market and pass the lead to an agent.  This gives me credibility with the sellers and build relationships with agents as well.  I have received referrals due to this kind of transparency.

Bonus #4 - Reading at least 2 real estate related books a month and attending a minimum of 2 meetups a month.    

Awesome question! TOP 3: 

*Being consistent-constantly making calls, driving for $$, replacing and putting out bandit signs, and staying in touch with my mentor. Constantly keeping the ball in motion.

*Hold myself accountable. The buck stops here!

*Never giving up. If everyone else is making it I can too!

Never give up is the point where I should to stick.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here