• Columbus, OH
Votes |
Zero to 80 deals in 3 years in Columbus, Ohio

John Horner
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Columbus, OH
Posted Nov 5 2016, 06:09

October 2013 - Completed my first wholesale deal.  I took all that money and put it into marketing, I got my second deal a month later.

2014 - I partnered with my cash buyer on both of these deals (still my business partner today) and we started marketing together.  In 2014 I was still working a full time job and we did 17 deals together.  These were a mix of wholesales, wholetails and flips.

2015 - I quit my FT day job in May of 2015 right before my 2nd child was born.  We did 25 deals this year and picked up our first rental in November of 2015. 

2016 - We have completed 44 deals (15 flips and 29 rentals) this year already and on pace to do at least 50.  We currently have 43 rentals (and growing) within 1 year of buying our first one. 

I'm 31 years old and I could stop buying and live off my cash flow if I wanted to.  I say this not to impress but to impress upon you, this is not a get rich quick scheme, but if you can make yourself think a few years down the road, stay focused and set big goals, you can achieve anything you want! 

Loading replies...