Finally approaching the starting line

4 Replies

Well I'm finally running out of excuses for why I should wait to get my investing career started. I was in the fear of the unknown stage for quite awhile so I went to seek out some knowledge. I probably watched what feels like about 1000 videos and BP podcasts and I'm also proud to announce that I recently passed the real estate salesperson exam and have my license working under Iowa Realty in the Des Moines area. So I've gained the knowledge, I have the tools, I have a plan and I just need to put it into action. I plan to buy a multi-family residence and house hack until I have the funds to buy another property and so on. Moral of the story is that I'm finally on the path that I set out to find and I'm both nervous and excited  to get everything started. Thanks for listening and may the market be ever in your favor.

@Anthony Finney - congrats on getting started! Many people that are just starting out have process of analysis. I'm so excited and happy to hear that not only have you overcome that, now you're starting to outline your goals and take massive action. 

DO IT DO IT DO IT:) Congrats on the license and all the best in taking those first steps!

Congratulations! Do you have a SFR and multi family complex in the works or is that just the immediate goal?

thanks for the words of encouragement, and the multi family residence is just the immediate goal. Once I'm settled into that I'll open my options to any aspect. I've thought about flipping houses but I don't have any construction knowledge so id have to learn a little bit first hopefully

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.