Finally found the strength to start

11 Replies

Hello everyone!

I am so new to real estate and forums that I am even nervous posting this.

I am hoping to find some guidance with a building I acquired. I been reading the blogs and there are so many great people with such good ideas.  Soon I hope to contribute to this community like everyone here.

@Isza A.   congratulations on your first post. In time the nervous feelings you have will be replaced with confidence as your education and experience increases. 

With an education resource as massive as BP it is important to make an effort every day to stay focused on your goals, and not be distracted by the immense amount of info that is available. Pick your niche and stick with it until you are a master :)

Feel free to reach out anytime if you have questions, or need anything. Hope you have a great day.

Thanks Brandon for your encouragement! 

@Isza A.

Welcome to BP

What guidance do you need on your building ? Throw it out there and you'll probably get some input from the helpful folks. 

Thanks,

I have been reading the posts and everyone is really great with all the ideas and advices.

@Isza A. , congrats on overcoming your nervousness and getting started. I noticed you were on Brandon's weekly webinar, so I know you're still moving forward. There's an entire community out here willing and anxious to help you become successful in real estate. Don't let fear keep you from asking for help. Once you see how people respond you'll wonder why you were ever nervous in the first place.

So, what are interested in learning? What sort of guidance are you looking for? What do you want to achieve?  Have you read the "The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing"?

Don't be shy. You've said it, there are a lot of great folks out here with great ideas and advice. We're just waiting for you to ask. Maybe I could contact you for advice about the Chicago area in the future.

Cheers!!

Thanks @Tom Mole, 

Yes, I have read " The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing".  

My goal is to buy and hold. It has been a goal for a few years but did not find the right place for guidance until I stumble on BP and it has been great.  Brandon's seminar was awesome!!

So much valuable information. I have a 5 unit building that needs rehabbing and I am in the process of talking to a HML but would like to talk to at least two more just to get an idea of the HML process.

It would be good to help out in the future but I first need to get my feet wet in the rehabbing process with my first property.

@Isza A. welcome to BP ! I know what you mean about being nervous on getting started. My friend and I finally got the courage and confidence to go ask about a property and even checking it or. BP has had a huge impact on our knowledge and confidence to take action !

@Will Flores, I've been listening to podcasts and reading blogs and just getting as much knowledge as I can find. Good luck with the property you found!

Originally posted by @Brandon L. :

@Isza Aich  congratulations on your first post. In time the nervous feelings you have will be replaced with confidence as your education and experience increases. 

With an education resource as massive as BP it is important to make an effort every day to stay focused on your goals, and not be distracted by the immense amount of info that is available. Pick your niche and stick with it until you are a master :)

Feel free to reach out anytime if you have questions, or need anything. Hope you have a great day.

This is my problem. Whether it's this blog, or the wealth of information out there on RE, I feel a little overwhelmed. I just need to plug my nose, and jump in the water.

@Louis Cooks, Start by deciding where you want to invest ( your niche), then look into BP at that particular area you are interested in.  Read  all you can about it and you'll gain a better perspective and not feel overwhelmed.  Good luck! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here