Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Scott S.
  • Investor
  • Minnetonka, MN
Votes |
You gotta start sometime. Today was my day!

Scott S.
  • Investor
  • Minnetonka, MN
Posted Dec 14 2016, 21:18

I just attended my first auction and walked away with the contract! It was exciting and scary at the same time.

We picked up a nice 3/3 split-level SFH with two rooms in the basement that are an egress window away from making the place a 5/3. Cosmetic work needed upstairs (plaster touch-ups, paint, minor trim repair) while the basement needs a bit more (replace ugly paneling with sheetrock, remove floor tile and put in carpet, egress windows).

We close in 30 days. The place should have an ARV of $325k and I got the place for $240k.

During that time we'll get plans and designs in place so we can hit the ground running and be ready to put it on the market after 3-4 weeks of rehab.

Has anyone else felt panic after signing on the dotted line? After the bidding ended I asked myself "self, what have you done?!" The numbers on this are decent and I've done quite a bit of work on my own houses so I guess I just gotta get the plan in place and follow it to get those butterflies flying in formation...

Loading replies...