Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Jerryll Noorden#2 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Votes |
3 closings this week, including a 21K Wholesale fee.

Jerryll Noorden#2 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Posted Dec 24 2016, 21:20

All,

I have a success story to share. But it is not a success for the reasons you may think. I really learned a lot from this and from these mistakes I have made I changed the way I do my thing and this is causing a noticeable shift in my success rate and the way I run things.

I have been gone for a while. Had a hard time being social as I kept dealing with very dishonest sellers and buyers. I was in no mood to be social

If you are at all following my blog you will see that in May I signed a contract. I sold the contract and made a very easy 14K. That next month I signed an other contract... Well I was waiting to market till I got my fee, for selling the contract I signed. A few weeks ago the contract fell through. 

Yes you read it right I was dealing with this piece of &@)@&#@ for about 4 months. Then a dishonest buyer came my way by the name of Noreen Miller. I showed her the house and she signed the contract. By pure coincidence the home owner showed up just as she was leaving  in her car In the rear view mirror she  saw a car pulling up and she made a circle and came back to the house as I was talking to the homeowner. She got out of the car and introduced herself, exchanged names and I saw it coming. She waited till our contract expired by delaying things requesting very odd paperwork from my attorney that made no sense. My attorney told me that what she was asking was extremely odd and we couldn't make sense of it. Then I found out that she and the owner were in contact days before my contract expired already negotiating prices. Suddenly it made sense why she was requesting weird paperwork.

So it all fell through and lost a lot of money and time on this stupid deal. I made the biggest mistake a wholesaler can ever do. I stopped marketing because I was waiting for that deal to come through to get more funds to market. Big mistake!

From that point on I was done trusting people and I stopped helping others till I helped myself first.

So I stepped back, focused on ranking my site and took care of business without distraction. 

I placed a post here on BP (before I withdrew) asking if anyone was willing to fund, finance a deal both purchase price and repairs, and split gains 50-50. I was laughed at and told a hundred times that you need to have skin in the game and no one would agree to this.

I simply responded with... "I don't care how many will say no!, I just need one yes".

And guess what, I did get a yes!

Fast forward to October. I was invited to Zurich for a robotics competition called the Cybathlon. (Look it up, it is wicked cool). We placed second at the exoskeleton competition. 

When I got back 2.5 weeks later I had a hot lead waiting from my motivated seller website! I was worried the lead had gone cold, but it was blazing hot still!  This was one of the 3 closing I did this week.

ARV 255K

Signed contract for 64.5K and repairs are 65K

We will be in it for 135K and we are hoping to sell it for at least 235, but we will list it for about 255K

If we get what we are hoping to get for this house we will be splitting a 110K profit while the rehab will take about 8 weeks. The guy that was willing to fund it all and split everything 50-50 is now going to make about 40-50K with me. And I will do whatever it takes to keep this connection nurtured fat and happy!

This closing was not at all easy... but I will spare you the details. If you want to read on what exactly we had to go through to make it work, I am documenting this flip from beginning (finding leads and tweaking my website to make it a motivated seller beast magnet, to the entire flip). Find my blog to see it all come to life. To the new investors, this vid will be your golden ticket on how to do what we accomplished from newbie to 3 closings this week.

But getting leads from my website is "cheating". That is passive. They come to me.

I still want to make things happen for myself. So I did a scary thing.

I emptied my miserable retirement account and marketed again. This was the 3rd of November. Yes just last month.

A few days after my pieces landed I received a call. I signed a house with ARV of 160-180K for XX.5K. I was done dealing with dishonest buyers and sellers, so I bought the damn house myself. The next day I sold the house for XXK. Made 21K in about a week.

During those 24 hours, I got myself a 7K piano and other old antique furniture that came with the house when I bought it. 

So why is this a success? I tell you why.

I have marketed 3 times since I started. Every single time I marketed I have made a deal. 14K my first deal  21K my second deal, and an amazing flip opportunity for my 3rd deal. The reason I made just 3 deals this year was because I was stupid. Trust in people and waited for a good deal to market.

If you think that you need money to market you are so wrong! In reality, you need to market to make money. I learned this the hard way. But I beat it. With this I am stepping it up to insane levels! I have a lot in store for the next few months. You all shall see... soon enough!

This is why this is such a success for me. Sure the 21K is nice. But what I really got from this is a shift in mindset. I will be a beast in this game from this point on!

I am not slowing down one bit. I will not stop till I OWN CT!!

Newbies, read my blog if you want to know how I made it this far. It is a step by step recipe of the steps I took to get here. Of course thanks to many here on BP that held my hand. Now let me hold yours!

Loading replies...