Votes
Ethan Lee
  • Jacksonville, FL
Votes |
One Year Later - 10 units and full time investor

Ethan Lee
  • Jacksonville, FL
Posted Jan 31 2017, 16:45

It was about this time last year that I discovered Bigger Pockets and found what I was looking for - a way to escape the boring, restrictive 9-5 life while doing something enjoyable and generating wealth. I caught the real estate investing bug and started listening to podcasts and reading articles for hours a day.

I kept hearing experienced investors say to jump in, so I did just that a few months later. By August, I had closed on a quad and was officially a real estate investor. Around that time, I partnered with a friend who was also interested in REI. By my 24th birthday at the beginning of this year, we collectively owned 10 units / 4 properties. We've done a house hack condo, a BRRRR triplex, and duplex and quad rentals.

This has given me the freedom to go into real estate investing full time while my business partner is sticking it out at his job to help us qualify for mortgages. This month, we've put a live-in flip and a BRRRR quad under contract, and we have another duplex in verbal negotiations that looks very promising.

It's easy to get frustrated when progress seems slow, but rewarding when I can look back at my first year in real estate and see we made it to double digit doors while earning enough to go into real estate investing full time. I can't thank BP enough for the advice and wealth of information. We are currently looking for connections in Jacksonville, FL, Greenville, SC, and southern Delaware to grow our business if anyone is interested. Thanks BP!

Loading replies...