Ty Hines
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
How We turned lemons into lemonade

Ty Hines
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Nov 20 2009, 03:09

Hello to All,
This is a success story only made possible by BiggerPockets. Recently I made a post about a finance program that Im a broker for here in Atlanta. I later was contacted by a young lady who also lived in the Atlanta area and wanted to learn more about investing and also to receive more info on the program. Once we looked at the situation we decided that this program was not a good fit for her. Needless to say we were both disappointed.

During our conversation there was mention of property preservation. Which we all know to be a very good business at this time. For those who dont know, property preservation is the business of cleaning,securing and maintaining foreclosed houses for the bank. At one time I sought information about the business but kept getting the runaround.So you can imagine my excitement when I found out that she had a contact with an asset manager who at the time were looking for contractors in the Atlanta area.

Since she had already began the application process we were able to join forces quickly and when we meet with the company rep he was very impressed with our organization especially the contractors, equipment and amount of knowledge we had concerning the fannie mae and HUD guidlines concerning property preservation. Keep in mind that these books were two inches thick. Everything went very well and we were invited to attend the industry meeting which will be in a few weeks.

So you see I am very thankful to BiggerPockets for making this relationship possible.

BTW- The company rep informed us that they are expecting around 4,000 properties in Georgia in the next few months. All which require preservation services. WOW!!!!

Thanks Josh!!!!!

Loading replies...