• Frederick/ Falls Church DC, Maryland & Virginia
Votes |
100% BP Success Story

Andrew Michael
  • Lender
  • Frederick/ Falls Church DC, Maryland & Virginia
Posted May 10 2017, 17:06

Hey all,

I wanted to share my latest deal with everyone.  What makes this one particularly special is that it was with BP members from start to finish.  While I will not be sharing specific numbers as to respect the confidentiality of the others involved I will say it was a win win win win for all of us.  Furthermore, the biggest success here is not the profits we each took away.  The real value and lesson is the  power/ potential this site has and how important networking with like minded individuals is.  

It began when I was approached by a BP member with a wholesaling JV opportunity last fall. The original plan was to help them wholesale the deal and shop it to some of my buyers. While this plan surely would have worked I live pretty close to the property and after the first visit I let them know I was interested for myself. In the interest of time and wanting to secure his first wholesale deal, he agreed to sell it to my partner and I.

My partner/agent (whom I met through a BP member) and I evaluated the project as we always do.  Do we flip this, refi and presumably acquire a no to little down rental or just flip it outright and sell?  In the end we decided to sell as my current goal is to get cash heavy for some other strategies I am working on.  

Once finished, I posted the project on BP market place and immediately got about 5-6 people who seemed genuinely interested.  This was fantastic as is saved me time and paying additional listing commissions.

In the end we chose a very strong buyer who was easy to work with and presented a very favorable offer.  The property ended up appraising for exactly what we had anticipated (30k over our asking) and we delivered a cash flowing multi-unit property in an area where multi's are hard to come by.  Even more of a bonus, the now owner got so many calls from potential renters that he was able to raise the rents a good bit more then I had anticipated/quoted him.  More profits for him and an even better cap rate! 

I could not be happier for him and the transaction as a whole.  All around great situation.  

Work hard, stay humble, on to the next :)

Loading replies...