• Investor
  • Cary, NC
Votes |
True Love for Real Estate

Alex Locklear
  • Investor
  • Cary, NC
Posted Feb 14 2010, 07:37

I have actively been trying to complete a creative real estate deal for well over the past 2 years.

I have read, studied, networked, marketed, and learned tons of information about the real estate/real estate investing industry. I think about real estate from the minute I wake up, until the minute I go to sleep. I eat, drink, and sleep Real Estate. It is simply my passion.

Up until yesterday (2/10/2010), however, I had made $0...ZERO dollars in Real Estate. I could not for the life of me put a deal from start to finish. I just couldn't do it.

I discovered the hard way (by losing out on a lot of good deals that were being thrown in my face) that I had a few issues that needed to be worked out if I was ever going to make some money. I determined the two main issues were: the lack of confidence in myself and the truth of the matter at hand.

A great mentor and highly respected individual, Mr. Nick Johnson, had a couple "heart to hearts" with me and also suggested a book called "Crush it!" by Gary Vaynerchuk. After reading the book, I knew it was time to take action. Time to "get out of my comfort zone" and do whatever it takes to succeed at my PASSION.

I quickly realized and overcame the issue of lack of confidence that was within. I think its safe to say that whatever you're trying to accomplish, if you don't have full belief in yourself and what it is your doing, you'll never be successful at what it is you want to do.

I also was able to determine what really was the truth at hand. The truth is, more often than not, we as investors are needed by home owners, agents, banks, etc. We HELP that homeowner avoid foreclosure, we HELP the banks get rid of bad assets, we HELP agents by doing short sale negotiations, we HELP tired landlords by finding a buyer for their property that needs 15k in repairs. We are needed, legit, and important in the real estate industry.

I know this is getting long and starting to sound like a motivational speech by a guy that has done 1 deal, but I just wanted to let those who haven't completed a deal yet know, DON'T QUIT if it's truly your passion. If this is what you want to do, do it. If you haven't gotten that first deal, I promise there's a light at the end of the tunnel...just figure out the issues within that are stopping it from happening.

Details of deal:

It was a wholesale deal, where I found a seller willing to accept 70K and a buyer willing to pay $72,170. I assigned the contract for $2,170.

Many thanks to Nick Johnson for helping me out, Alex Joungblood, and Justin Schnettler.

I hope we all do what it takes to be successful in 2010!!! :cool:

Loading replies...