Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Shiloh Lundahl
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Gilbert, AZ
Votes |
Goal Accountability: Are you still on track for 2017?

Shiloh Lundahl
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Gilbert, AZ
Posted Jun 22 2017, 06:47

When it comes to being a real estate investor, we often make our own goals and don't have people  who watch over us to make sure we are reaching the benchmarks that lead to accomplishing our goals.  I don't remember if it was in a podcasts or an audio book that I have listened to recently, but I remember hearing it said that we should share our goals with people so that it motivates us to reach them.  

It is one thing to set a goal and keep it in your mind.  It is even better to write it down so that you can review it.  But, in my opinion, when we share our goals with others, even when they are lofty goals, we now have people to answer to as to whether or not we are reaching those goals which can create accountability and added pressure to achieve what we say we are going to achieve.

So to practice what I am preaching, I set out this year to flip 20 houses and to buy 10 buy and hold properties.  So far we have purchased 6 buy and hold properties that we have leases on and we have completed 3 flips and have 1 more under contract for sale.  We are currently under construction with 3 more flips and 4 more properties that we are deciding if we want to keep them as flips or buy and holds.  We also will be closing on 2 more properties a the end of the month that we will keep as buy and holds.

So all together that is 19 out of 30 properties at the half way mark.  We are keeping on track.

How are you doing with your goals for 2017?  Have you shared them with others?  How do you keep yourself accountable?

Loading replies...