Votes |
My first deal was a success

Tarcizio Goncalves
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Palm Beach County, FL
Posted Jun 24 2017, 18:52

Hi BP community,

For the past 6 months I've been on the website learning a ton and asking several questions on the forums. You all were, and continue to be, very kind in answering my questions and helping me at the beginning of my journey. I thank you all for this.

Throughout these 6 months, I've had the opportunity to go to REI meetups in both Massachusetts and Rhode Island and had made great friendships and mentors. A special shout out to @Steve Bracero and @William Wright. One things that I learned very early was to set a goal and a completion date. With that in mind, December of 2016 I set a goal to buy my first duplex or triplex before July 1st (my birthday). Setting dates to your goals is a powerful thing. It made me stay on top of my goal and really push towards it. Yesterday I closed on my first owner occupied duplex in Cranston RI.

About my deal:

My wife, our little daughter, and I are leaving a rental apartment in a city that is just north of Boston and moving into the duplex in Cranston RI. With the move to the less expensive market, and the rental income coming in, we were able to decrease our living expense by more than half.

The home we purchased is in a very nice area of Cranston. There were 5 total offers on the home. I offered the asking price and guess what, the sellers took my offer. The house was appraised 25k above asking so even before purchasing the home I made money.

Now I have another goal set to buy an investment property, 3 or 4 family unit, by 12/31. I am going to work really hard in making this a possibility.

I will be relocating to Rhode Island in about a month and would love to meet investors and like-minded individuals who are working on increasing their portfolio. I would love to explore ideas in partnership and flips as well. Please reach out and lets talk!

Thank you all

Tarcizio

Loading replies...