Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Sean Haardt
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Boonsboro, MD
Votes |
Closed on my FIRST DEAL yesterday. Psyched!

Sean Haardt
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Boonsboro, MD
Posted Jun 27 2017, 22:32

Just wanted to say thanks to @Joshua Dorkin and @Brandon Turner and the BP community for helping make my first deal a reality for me after so many years of inaction. I have wanted to invest in real estate since Carlton Sheets days and I even have his VHS tapes still. But I found and joined BP as a Pro last July 19th about a month after my daughter was born, and during my summer off from being a high school history teacher... , and yesterday, less than a year later, closed on a nice cash-flowing duplex in Maryland. I started listening to the PodCasts from both ends, the beginning with Episode 1 and also from the most recent and working my way backward to stay current. I have listened to almost all of them now with about 30 in the middle to go. I have also read about 10 books/audiobooks I heard recommended over and over on the Podcasts and use the videos, calculators, forums and community tools like the forms. I am a late starter and don't have time for a long learning curve. I'll be 49 in less than a month and have a one-year old daughter close to Rosie's age, so this is huge for us. BP and their guests and members have helped me not only take action, but showed me how to get a good deal and run the numbers correctly. One of my favorite video episodes was Brandon's row of 4 homes that he put on 15 year notes and plans to use to fund his daughter's college by the time she is old enough to graduate high school. This is only the first of many buy and holds, with some flips along the way. Thank you again Josh and Brandon for the confidence to finally take action. 

Loading replies...