• Rental Property Investor
  • North Canton, OH
Votes |
Date night provided by former tenant

Matt Kauffman
  • Rental Property Investor
  • North Canton, OH
Posted Aug 15 2017, 20:00

Had a long time tenant move out over a month ago. She kept the place clean and left it in really good shape. She forgot to clean the stove and wash down the ceiling fans, but outside of that the place was as I expected it to be at move out. She also left me her working washer and dryer since her mother was buying her a new set for her new place. 

She apologized for forgetting a few things that needed done, but hoped I'd be fair with her security deposit. I sold her washer and dryer to the tenant two doors down for $100 total and refunded her the full security deposit and told her that we were square since she'd left the washer and dryer. 

I got a card in the mail today from her with a $50 gift card to a local restaurant and a $20 gift card for the movies. Her note said she felt really bad about not doing a few things that she was supposed to do when she moved out and didn't think I should have refunded her security deposit fully. So this was her way of making it up to me. 

I'm completely floored and my wife is really excited to go out. Just wanted to share this little land lording win with everyone. 

Loading replies...