Tax lien question on property in Jackson County Mississippi.

1 Reply

I am trying to help a family member concerning a Tax lien matter. An tax investor bought a tax lien on their property for approximately $400.00. ( it was not thier personal residence).  Now this investor is saying that they own the house unless they are given $9985. The lady at the tax office says the tax investor only owns an interest in the property and can place a lien on the property then other times this same clerk  says the investor can apply for a tax deed when ever they want regardless of what we do. I am having a hard time finding a clear path as to how to proceed.

I have tried to find an attorney to advise me on this matter, but never received a call back. I could use some REAL insight above and beyond some wise guy saying go see an attorney, unless they tell me what attorney to go see.

The property is located in Jackson County Mississippi.

OK I am not a wise guy... but I have done a lot of business in that state.. normally buying one tax lien does not give you ownership unless they have sued for quiet title.

but I see this is down on the coast that's no my area I work in.. however if you call

Greg Giddens at Giddens and Giddens in the city of Jackson he may take it on or at least refer you on.. you may mention my name I have closed hundreds of deals with Greg over the years.. he is quite knowledgable on these issues..

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you