Closing On My 1st MultiFamily Deal

11 Replies

Im excited to be closing on my first multifamily deal coming up Sept 12. Its a 10 unit value add deal. Our plan is to get in, rehab the property, increase rents, decrease expenses and of course increase the NOI of the property.

It has definitely been a journey going from wholesaling and fix/flip single family properties (Which I still do, just not as much anymore) to investing in multifamily deals. I have been able to build great relationships with investors and brokers over the years from wholesaling and they will now invest in the multifamily deals. 

I look forward to posting the progress of this property here on BiggerPockets. 

Originally posted by @Dennis Anderson:

Im excited to be closing on my first multifamily deal coming up Sept 12. Its a 10 unit value add deal. Our plan is to get in, rehab the property, increase rents, decrease expenses and of course increase the NOI of the property.

It has definitely been a journey going from wholesaling and fix/flip single family properties (Which I still do, just not as much anymore) to investing in multifamily deals. I have been able to build great relationships with investors and brokers over the years from wholesaling and they will now invest in the multifamily deals. 

I look forward to posting the progress of this property here on BiggerPockets. 

Congratulations!!! hope more blessings keep coming to your future real estate investing business. Success stories like these keep "newbies" like me motivated. 

@Dennis Anderson Congrats on your purchase! Can you post any additional details about your deal? 

Do you have any tips for people starting out with wholesaling? I'm looking to increase my cash position using wholesaling as well as build relationships and hammer out my marketing approaches. Any advice would be appreciated, and I can't wait to read more about the progress of your new project.

Best of luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you