• Dearborn, MI
Votes |
Divorced at 24, millionaire at 29.

Fay S.
  • Investor
  • Dearborn, MI
Posted Oct 4 2017, 11:55

Hello,

I hope you find this post motivational and inspiring. At the young tender age of 16, my family set me up in an arrange marriage. Not knowing much about life, I agreed and did as my family wished. Still driven to make something of myself, I made sure to finish school. Although I was my only support system, I finished as a medical laboratory scientist. However, attaining my degree was not easy. Having dealt with, physical, emotional and verbal abuse I was driven to finish. Inferior to my degree, my ex of 8 years decided to leave. Knowledge is power as they say lol and in my case my knowledge cost me my marriage. I suffered from severe health issues and at my lowest point in my life I was left to start over and fend for myself. Proudly I had my familys support, but they can only do so much. So I decided to consume myself with my job as a scientist and forget. I worked 80-100 hours a week and decided on attending grad school. However, another road block In my life occurred. My mother fell ill and I decided to not pursue and stay back and take care of her. Taking care of her was its own form of blessing. By deciding to stay back and take care of her did I look into real estate investing. 

A fellow coworker told me a little about it and it was than did I decide to pursue with one house. One has now turned to over a dozen and counting. I have a goal by the age of 30, next year to own 2 dozen and continue the building. Many may ask about funding? I fund all the houses myself. I continue to work 2 jobs, work 80-100 hours and live with my parents to help with finance and my mothers health issues. I was fortunate to pay off my undergrad in the stock market. I purchased ford stocks at 2.84 and sold at roughly 15. That helped pay off my undergrad allowing me to take all that I make at work  and throw back into real estate. On my days off which are minimal i'm house hunting, on my breaks at work I'm house hunting online and making my agent put offers at 2 or 3 in the morning. I'm obsessed with this new passion of mine. I have my father as the maintenance men on anything that goes wrong. Family does not work for free so of course I pay him and any other handy man I have. I have several handy man working now so he has cut back. I self manage all my properties, so yes, having a social life is minimal and that is okay.  I hope this post finds many of you motivated to continue to pursue your goals despite what life may throw at you. It takes COURAGE and SELF AWARNESS AND DISCIPLINE to see a goal not many which to carry and pursue. Best of luck to you all on your goals to achieving your dreams.  

Loading replies...