Purchased First Duplex in Milwaukee / Wauwatosa Wisconsin

6 Replies

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take to the forums to celebrate, as I have purchased my first duplex in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.  I am currently house hacking this property renovating it to refinance in the next year.  Through BP I have been able to find a lot answers to my questions to be successful.  I also have been able to network with other investors at the Brew City Real Estate Investment Meetups as well, thanks to Rebecca Holmes, one of the organizers.  I am actively looking to get more involved in the RE investment community, and I would like to purchase more units in before the year end.

Congratulations Kevin!

congrats!!! I hope you keep on going!

I am excited for you Kevin and congratulations on your first purchase. I am sure we will be in touch but if you need any help, you can contact me anytime. I may be able to offer some suggestions on the re-fi portion as well. I also think the AASEW (apartment association of SE WI) is a great group to join. What I love about all the REI groups in Milwaukee is there are different people in each one. Networking and learning from other's experiences is a great way to fast forward your REI goals.

Congrats Kevin on your first deal! Would love to connect and ask some questions as I'm looking to house hack my first deal as well.

@Kevin Korntved good job. I would love to do a Q&A  house hacking video. Inbox me if you are interested.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.