Do You Create A Brand For Your Business?

8 Replies

Please let me know if you feel this topic has a better home elsewhere. 

I'm a serial entrepreneur. I have several operating businesses, and I have done several real estate deals over the year, with not much specific rhyme or reason to it. 

I'm planning on dedicating to flipping some houses here in Las Vegas and I'm wondering if I should create some sort of entrepreneur brand in order to do so. I'm curious what other successful people have done as far as their investment brand goes. 

Do you make a website, titled after yourself? 

Do you put some sort of niche brand together like "The ZIP CODE XXXXX Flipper" or "150,000 to 250,000 in 30 days" or something gimmicky like that. 

Because I have several businesses on the go, some of which are kind of interesting, I have been considering using my name as the brand. I'm naturally more humble than that, but I'm looking for effective here. 

What has worked for you? 

This post has been removed.

I created a brand name and website for my rental property business after starting an instagram account last year. I am very niche (student housing) and want my name associated with fantastic properties. It is working well so far this year.

@Nicholas Field

Hi Nicholas you need to focus your attention away from yourself and think like a consumer. How do consumers search for properties? Most consumers don't know the zipcodes of cities but they know the name of the city. Most consumers don't know the jargon talk because they are not in the business, example "flipper" isn't that a dolphin. My advise to you is keep the end user in mind first. Look at other industries to see how small business "brand themselves" see what you like and don't like for ideas. 

Good luck! 

Branding is always a plus in any business whether it's yourself or a company name.  I personally see more advantages and benefits to creating a brand for building a rental portfolio than I do for flipping though.  

I think Branding is key to setting yourself apart from other flippers in Vegas.
I am in Pismo Beach CA....but I am actually in Vegas tomorrow (Saturday). Want to meet up and connect?

Thanks for the tips everyone. @ross - hitting the Jay-Z concert tonight. I'd advise. hah. 

Yeah, I don't think I'll dedicate too much time and energy to the "Nick" brand development. I like to swear too much, and I hate being fake, sooooOOOoooo I'll end up shooting myself in the foot one way or another. 

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter if you're a brand or Joe Schmoe. Your reputation as a real buyer will come either way once you're active in your market and doing deals.  That's just my .02 though.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.