I just made my first DEAL!!! Woo hoo!!!

4 Replies

Made my first two offers last week and one got accepted today!

It's a 3 bedroom 1 bath home on a half acre.  It's already been flipped (work is pretty much done).

They wanted $74,500, and we made the deal at $66,000.  I do need to buy appliances, but other than that It shouldn't cost much.  Roof is in good shape and it has a new AC and Hot water heater.

I should be able to rent it out for $650 - $950.  Since this is my first time doing this, I'm giving myself a range.  

I'm putting 25% down so it should cashflow even on the low end.  Super safe investment property. 

It should appreciate well.  It's on a nice road with well kept houses.  There are a few new constructions a few houses down.

I also plan on adding a 2nd bathroom when we decide to sell it.  

The house has a large kitchen, we could easily take some of that space.  So that should add some solid value.

Either way I'm just PUMPED

My goal was to buy our first deal on a single family home for a rental property before the end of the year.  

Can't wait get it fixed up and read to rent in 2018!

Making that first purchase takes a significant leap of mindset and you didn't it. !!

congrats. Hopefully it's the first of many.

Looking at another one today LOL.  Two duplexes haha.

Originally posted by @Alex Verdugo :

congrats. Hopefully it's the first of many.

Congrats on pulling the trigger just make sure you know ALL of your numbers in advance so you can properly analyze a deal before you buy moving forwards. Know exact rents, rehab estimates, etc. Always better to be safe than sorry!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here