Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Shelley F.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Plumas county, CA
Votes |
Anyone have experience renting a Group home ?

Shelley F.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Plumas county, CA
Posted Nov 3 2017, 13:19

So I sorta stumbled across my latest purchase. Great deal... Another case of right time, right place. It is a HUGE house, but only 4 big bedrooms, office. I bought it with brand new stainless appliances. Its in a semi rural area, but close to town and zoned industrial. On an acre plus. Nice outbuildings. I could rent it easily to a family...but am looking at ways to maximize its potential. I have a dear friend (a realtor who lest that business in the recession) who now works for a foster care agency. They no longer do group homes for children but have been looking without success tor one for transitional youth. Those who are 'aged out' of the foster programs and find themselves adrift. They are very very interested in renting this property from me. Do any of you have experience with renting to an agency like this? I should add that I am in California, but if you follow the rules and read the contracts (and have an assist from a legal team), its not that bad. I would love to hear your experiences and will share mine as we go along. Thanks in Advance.

Loading replies...